Axie Infinity is an online video game based on non-fungible tokens (NFT), which has similar mechanics to the Nintendo video game Pokémon; it has a turn-based combat system, where the player can collect, raise and train creatures (pets) called Axies, which have unique characteristics and can improve their skills as they gain experience in the video game. A noteworthy aspect of Axie Infinity is the ability for players to earn income while playing (a mode called Play to Earn).
The creators of the video game
The video game was developed by Sky Mavis, a Vietnam-based studio that specializes in blockchain-based video games; this studio uses for its video games and applications two “proprietary” cryptocurrencies based on Ethereum technology: Axie Infinity Shards (AXS) and Smooth Love Potions (SLP).
Each Axie is unique
Each Axie is unique and unrepeatable, in addition to having a universal identification code. Although the owner can change the name of the Axie, he will not be able to change its universal code, since this characteristic allows that said Axie can be verified, identified, and commercialized; likewise, the Axies can reproduce and have “offspring” which can have their features or abilities.
The video game has three modes:
- Adventure: In this mode, you fight against enemies and complete missions to earn points, treasures and improve your army.
- Breeding: This modality allows mixing or combining “parents” to create the offspring of an Axie (the maximum number of reproductions for each Axie is seven). Through this modality, users can expand their collection or market their offspring in the market.
- Arena or battle: This modality is the “versus” mode where we can compete against other players and participate in tournaments where different prizes can be won, in addition to obtaining points that allow us to position ourselves in a global ranking.
Transactions in the video game
Two Ethereum-based cryptocurrencies called ASX (Axie Infinity Shards) and SLP (Smooth Love Potion) are used for transactions in the video game; with these coins, you can carry out transactions within the platform. Axie Infinity allows you to sell or buy Axies with other players; there is also the option of trading other elements such as virtual land. Each player must own a minimum of three Axies to participate in the video game.
Currently, Axie Infinity has the following official data:
- More than 90,000 ETH are traded on its marketplace.
- The higher cost Axie was sold for a price of 300 ETH.
- The video game has around 250,000 active daily players.
To participate in the video game, you need to buy at least 3 Axies, which can be purchased in your marketplace. Although the prices of each Axie vary according to their particular characteristics, if we want to participate with a “regular” Axies team, the cost can be from 0.8 to 1 ETH approximately. In comparison, if we’re going to join with a “basic or minimum,” the cost can be about 0.5 ETH.
What do you think about this topic? Did you know these features of Axie Infinity?
If you want more information about buying and selling cryptocurrencies, you can contact us or write your query below (comments section).
The main image is taken from the official website axieinfinity.com